小小厨房记. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Traditional cake: "Chai kue"



 Traditional cake: "Chai kue"

This is one of my favorite traditional cake ...for this moment or may be just last for 3 months. My neighbor share with me her recipe and the method to prepare this "kuih" (cake). I though it is easy because the procedure looks simple and my neighbour recipe include a method call "quite a bit" (agak-agak).

Initial look like a simple recipe, my neighbor make 100 pcs "kuih" within 2-3 hours by herself. My project total use 4 person to finish this job (only 50 pcs "kuih"). Hahaha...really not a easy job. My husband help me to prepare the dough, my mother in law help to make the judgment - "agak-agak". Overall, the taste much more better than previous homemade one. But still have more thing need to improve/revise such as range of wafer, flour ratio, cooking time and others.

I like this experience and it is a good family gathering activity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

小小厨房记 Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice